Like You Never Seen It Before
"No One" has been stuck in your head for a couple of weeks, Im not sure what I think of it, of course it's a H I T but I can't help being a little annoyed by it... but I always used to be that hard core hip hop chick too, it's not like I don't feel beutiful songs-I do, but my over all favourite songs has always been the ones with a tempting suggestive funk into it, non-happy, non-sad
Alicias new track "Like You Never See Me Again" is also a beutiful one. She uses Common as the Video Vixen (damn vixen is a fairly femenine word....Im gonna work on that one, the counterpart to the video chicks, please fill me in if U got a expression on it...).
What strikes me first is how she sings, she s been working with her way of singing (You definitely hear it in No One, it almost ugly in some sections) more then anything else. In this song she reminds me of someone of the 70 ies soul divas, I just don't get who in this very minute...
The thing I miss in this video is like in Marys case: the visual language.... thoose videos ain't worth their divas. Today the videos is a big part of the artform, work with new people, get new ideas! Of course all us thinking ladies got big love for Mr Common and his Sense, but when she did You Don't Know My Name (Helen jag tänker på när jag var hos dig i Harlem och den här låten släpptes, jag får rysningar-jag måste komma över snart!!!) with Mos Def - that was something new. In 2003. This video is even shot in the same filter, colors and all....
But in a way this might not matter. The music and the singing is in the center, Ima go and listen to it in my Ipod.
No comments:
Post a Comment